Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Slight Change in the Journey

As we live each day of our lives we make choices that will impact our future. Some are bigger than others but regardless of the magnitude, the choices we make will affect our future. A choice I have made recently was to put school on hold for now. The program that I was enrolled in at Bethel College was the Master of Ministry program. Granted there was some good material in both of the classes that I took, but after talking to a few different people who had been through the program, I wasn't sure it was worth the time and the money. The feedback I got was that the program was good on the theology end but the ministry training was very irrelevant. So, with the wedding coming up and the opportunity for further ministry involvment (five star, merge leadership team) I felt that the best decision was for me to save that money and time and use it elsewhere. Will I go back in the future? I think I would like to but it may just be a class here and there. For now, it's wedding and ministry and trusting that the Lord will provide in many ways.

1 comment:

Jonathan, Angela said...

Frodo,
Didn't know this was coming. Hmmm, interesting, very interesting. I think there are a lot of programs out there that have that issue to deal with. How to mix theological training with teaching ministry. And often those who are in the ed roll don't aren't the most effective people at reaching out. It is all part of the body, but the optimum would be if the people ministering have a firm truthfilled foundation to minister from. Hopefully you will be able to get some more of the ed in the future but yeh, you are a little on the busy side right now:) I can totally understand and appreciate your decision.