Monday, November 27, 2006

The Holiday Miles Begin

This year, Hayley and I will be joining thousands of other Americans who will be doing an abundance of traveling over the holiday season. It started last Wednesday with a trip up to Vermontville, MI to eat the Thanksgiving Feast with some of Hayley's family on Thursday. Then Thursday night we left for Pestosky to spend the weekend with my mom and dad and sister. It was a good time to relax, hunt and watch a little football (which I don't wish to discuss right now because, well, I'll just say the BCS has to go). I didn't shoot the big buck like I had hoped for but I at least saw some deer and I got a chance to sit and ponder all that has developed in my life over the last 8 months (this will be an upcoming post). On Saturday, Hayley's parents came up to my parents place to hang out with us for the weekend. My first thought was that this was going to be a "Meet the Fockers" type of experience but it turned out to be just fine and I think both sets of parents enjoyed the weekend.

So the holiday craze continues. This weekend we are headed to Mt. Pleasant for a Christmas Party, the next weekend is the big Food Drop event here at GCC, the next weekend is a wedding that Hayley is in near Brighton, MI, and then it is Christmas!!! Time will fly by but I will enjoy every minute of it.

1 comment:

Jonathan, Angela said...

Good thing gas is cheap... oh wait:)
YOU'LL BE DEAD!!! :)