Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Feast

Well, it's that time of year again. The Holidays. Family, friends, vacation, presents, travel, fun, food, football, shopping, relaxation. This is one of my favorite times of the year. And what a way to kick it off by enjoying a huge feast, which is coming in just two days!!! This year Hayley and I will be traveling to her parents place for the feast and then up to my parents place for the weekend. I will be doing some hunting and eating leftovers for three straight days. It is going to be great.

But wait...

What about those that don't experience the family, friends, vacation, presents, travel, fun, food, football, shopping, or relaxation. Today as Hayley and I handed food out to hundreds of less fortunate people I asked some of them if they had plans for Thanksgiving. Some did have plans but there were several that didn't. There feast is what was in the box. Canned foods, pasta, or whatever you can pack in a box that won't spoil. No turkey, fresh salads, or desert of any kind. Some would experience this holiday as if it were just another day because to some that is exactly what it is.

So this during this holiday of Thanksgiving, be thankful. Spend your time enjoying what you do have instead of complaining about what you don't. I know I am going to enjoy my time with family and friends. I will also enjoy shooting my first buck!!!

No comments: