Thursday, November 09, 2006

Crunch Time

Deadlines. Does anybody like them? I guess it doesn't matter. They exist and will continue to exist. I suppose they do ensure that we are productive with our lives and that we actually get some things done, but the pressure of finishing well and on time can be a bit overwhelming. I am in the midst of my busiest time since my move down to Granger. I am currently starting to research for and write a fifteen page paper that is due in two weeks. Why did I wait until now to start? Because before this assignment I had three 8 page papers to complete and I guess I am pretty good at procrastinating. I am not sure why this is, but tend to work better and stay more focused when I am under pressure. When I know I have no choice but to work on something until it gets done because if it doesn't, I will face some harsh consequences. So I am pressing hard for the next couple of weeks. Not only for school but also for the church and the tasks that I have been assigned to here. I am enjoying everything about what I am doing but there are times when it seems that everything is happening at once and this is one of those times. So if you think of it, please keep me in your prayers for the next couple of weeks as I strive to stay focused and complete all the tasks before me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have been there and done that. So we will keep you in our prayers!!

Josh King said...

Thanks Brenda. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I don't think i can post here unless you have a beta site

Anonymous said...

Ok, so it worked, argh!
I will post later, but I think you can put it off for a while, you only need a good 3 days to start and finish a 15 page paper, trust me I know:)!!

nice acountabloggery:) hehe I have been crazy busy lately and shouldn't be here now, but ha! I am!

s- the p-p- :)