Monday, November 13, 2006

Change is Good

I guess this title has been somewhat debated over the years. Because we are people of habit, we do not like to keep adjusting and re-settling. We would rather get in the groove and be comfortable and not have to think about change or deal with the stress that can sometimes come with that. But I think that if we decide not to invite change, we may miss out on the discomfort and stress, but we may also miss out on learning, growth, and the excitement of the uncharted territory that lies ahead. Now I know this new change on my blog will probably not raise much debate, although some may be dissappointed that the nature feel of the previous blog is no longer (that is if anyone even remembers or visits this site). But when we say so long to the way we always used to do things, something in us wants to resist and fight. Why is that? Do you do that? Some say it's because we cherish what we had. I agree with that. There are some great memories that I'm sure we all have about family, friends, work, church, etc. Whatever it may be, we just like the way it is and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, I'm not sure that's such a good motto to live by. If it ain't broke, maybe we ought to break it and make it stronger and better. It seems that what God chooses to do with us. In our times of brokenness it seems that we are made stronger. So maybe we need to rethink this whole change thing. Maybe we should invite it to prune the dead in what we do in order to make it more alive.

Little did I know a change in by blog would inspire this post!!

1 comment:

Jonathan, Angela said...

Hello is anyone there, I am lost in the darkness....... HELLOOOOOOOOO...... I just can't find anything in this darknes AHHHH!! $!@^%$#&%$!%$# SORRY, I think I just broke my big cyber toe on something in here.... HELLOOOOOOO is anyone in here. Hmmm, it already hard to find a hobbit, now I have to try to find one in the dark. I just wish I could figure out where the stupid light switch is.......