Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Overdue

I guess it's time for a new post. This is the longest drought to date. I apologize for putting this blog on the back burner for the last week. But now I'm back and I do have some things to share.

This past weekend Hayley and I traveled to Mt. Pleasant to take part in the third-somewhat annual-Jesus Loves Steak Christmas party. In case you don't know what Jesus Loves Steak (JLS) is, let me inform you. JLS is a group of ten guys from Pigeon, MI who grew up together through high school and parted ways to go to college. While in college we decided to stay connected by way of an e-group. We chose Yahoo! as our site and created a place where we could all communicate through email and instant messaging. This allowed us to continue to hold one another accountable and share prayer requests as well as updates about what is happening in life. So once a year we try to have a Christmas party as a way for all of us to get together again. We spent a great deal of time playing Ping-Pong, Super Tecmo Bowl (yes I said Super Tecmo Bowl) and watching a days worth of football. It may sound like a unproductive, waste of time weekend, but it was far from that. We are continuing to do life together. Despite the miles that have come between us, we are making it a point to pray, encourage and love one another. I would not be who I am today if it were not for this group of guys. And not only the guys but also the Godly women that some have chosen to add to this circle of steakers.

This year was really cool because it was the first year where there was a new generation of "Steakers" among us with the additions of Isaac Sturm and Kaylyn King. It is awesome to see us grow up and begin to take on new roles in life. Dads, Husbands, Uncles, etc. I look forward to what God still has in store for this group and how he will use each one for His Kingdom.

Thank you Jesus for the warriors you have surrounded me with and who have played a huge role in helping me to develop into the person I am today!!

No comments: