Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sprint...REST...Sprint...REST

This is an idea that most would say is easier said than done. What does it have to do with? It has to do with how we live our lives. Mark Beeson, the senior pastor here at GCC, often teaches this idea. He says our lives should be lived in this way. It is not to be lived out like a marathon with which we are constantly going and going and never take time to sit and rest. Some would ask, "How am I not supposed to keep going? If you only knew my life and everything that has to be done. You don't have a clue." That is what my life feels like right now. I have already spent about 15 hrs. in the last week typing papers and studying for my classes and I have at least 2x the work left to do before Nov. 21. This weekend I am speaking four messages in three days at a High School Youth Retreat in Albion, IN at Bear Lake Camp. When I get back the church will be in high gear getting ready for our annual food drop, which mobilzes thousands of volunteers and feeds literally thousands of people throughout Michiana.

So I am feeling a little stretched right now but I am enjoying all of it. I am in the middle a sprint but when December roles around and the school work is done, it will be time for that rest. And when it comes you can bet I will enjoy every moment of it. God calls us to rest. He did. And he's got a lot more on his plate than we do.

1 comment:

Jonathan, Angela said...

True, and He is ALLmighty, but he new that we need rest. So Frodo is feeling overwhelmed maybe? Hey as you can probably see at the post time here, I am also in one of those sprint times, I just got in from work a bit ago. Aaron stopped in this weekend! So thats fun!
Soooo, are you in the sprinting stage of the relationship with Ms. Cotton?:) haha

I have to get some sleep.......