Monday, October 16, 2006

Finally...

I say that for a couple reasons.

First, because this past weekend was the first weekend I was actually able to stay in Indiana since I've moved here. It felt good not to have to drive hundreds of miles and to be able to just relax and enjoy the environment I now live in. So what did my first weekend consist of? Well, it started on a high note by participating in one of GCC's ministry events called 2nd Saturday. This event happens on the 2nd Saturday of every month and an average of 250 people show up to serve in different areas of the community from 8:30am-12pm. Hayley and I both participated in the Son City Kids outreach which ministers to at-risk, inner-city kids. This part of the event took place at Crooked Creek Ranch, a fully functioning horse ranch that provides kids with the opportunity to do things they will never be able to do any other time. This includes riding horses, riding a tractor, seeing the farm animals, and many other fun activities. It was a great experience and I look forward to helping more in the future. Look for pictures of the 2nd Saturday event to be posted very soon.


The Second part of a great relaxing weekend was the walk off home run hit by Magglio Ordonez to send the Tigers to the World Series. What a story. A team who has lost over 400 games in the last 4 seasons, which is so bad it is hard to do, are now playing on the biggest stage in baseball and in my book are the favorites to win it. I was only 3 years old the last time the Tigers were champions and I don't remember any of it. So I am excited for what lies ahead. May the spirit of '84 be present!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read Joel's blog? Lynn is jealous, although we will have our youngest grandchildren this weekend to help ease the pain! :>)

Jonathan, Angela said...

frodo,
sounds like you are really enjoying GCC, that is awesome!
3 things; 1 Do you know how to upload video on to your blog?
2 the tigers are so going to blow out the National league! and everyone has said for years how terrible the central div is! HA!
3 your hobbit feet stink:) try some shampoo on those hairy things:)