Monday, October 02, 2006

The Newest King or Queen


On September 29th, at 10:01pm, Kaylyn Elizabeth King was welcomed into the world. It was an incredible moment. Amy, Hayley and I arrived at the hospital about 30 min. before the baby was born. We were standing just outside the door of the delivery room when we heard Kaylyn speak or cry for the first time. It was such a crazy feeling knowing that My brother was now a dad, my sister and I aunt and uncle, and my parents suddenly grandparents. We eventually went into the delivery to see Erin, Zac and Kaylyn and it was a sight to behold. As you can see by the picture, which was taken less than two hours after she was born, she is incredibly cute. It is amazing to me that God can create something so articulate and beautiful. It probably shouldn't suprise me after seeing His creation all around me but nothing is quite like a new born child. Born in the image of its Creator. Known by Him before we could even see her. And then God entrusts her to her parents to love and care for and raise in the way of Jesus. What a gift!!! So needless to say, I am more than excited about being an uncle and creating many memories with my brother and his growing family.

No comments: