Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Surprise #1: The Dinner

The first Surprise I gave Hayley in Chicago was Dinner. I had made reservations for 5:15pm at a restaurant called Tucci Benucch. It is located on the fifth floor of the 900 Michigan Ave. shops mall. We arrived at this mall at approx. 4:15 so I had to figure out how to burn one hour. Now this was not your typical mall. There were not a ton of stores in there and the ones that were there were not that interesting. Eventually we found a Walden Books on the sixth floor that we could sit down in and rest our feet for a little while. But then around 4:45 Hayley suggested that we leave and start looking for a place to eat or else we would be waiting forever. So we made our way down one floor to where Tucci Benucch was located. I said that maybe we should look at the menu here because maybe it would be a good place. Then I said let me see how the long the wait is. I asked the hostess if it was ok that I showed up 30 minutes early and she said no problem. I motioned over to Hayley to come in and we got seated. Hayley did not know I had made reservations so after we had gotten seated I told her what I did. I said that I wanted to surprise her with something special to end the night with so I thought a nice dinner would be sufficient. And at that point it was for her because she had know idea what was coming later. So we ordered the chicken parmesan to split which really turned out to be pretty much two full dinners. It was really good food and a really big surprise for Hayley. So far so good...

No comments: