Monday, December 18, 2006

ENGAGED!!!!!


That's right. Hayley and I are ENGAGED!!!! And I love it. Last night (Dec. 17th) I asked Hayley to marry me and she said, "Are you serious right now?" I told her I was and she said YES with tears in her eyes. What a moment. It is one that I will never ever forget. Not only was it the perfect day, but it was also the start of my best friend and I planning life together. What an unbelievable last eight months in my life. But anyway, I'm sure you dying to know the how, where, and when questions to this day so here is a quick timeline of events from our day of December 17th, 2006.

7:40am - Leave on train to Chicago
9:00am - Arrive in Chicago (central time now)
9-9:30am - Walk through Millennium Park
9:30-12 - Walking North, shopping along Magificiant Mile (Michigan Ave.)
12-12:45 - Lunch in the Chicago Plaza building (Great Steak and Potato Co.)
12:45-1:45 - More shopping on Michigan Ave. (niketown, Apple, watertower)
1:45-2:30 - Hancock Building (95th floor)
2:30-4:30 - more shopping (feet hurt and we are at the end of good shopping on Mich. Ave.)
4:30-5:30 - Surprise Hayley with dinner reservations at Tucci Benucch. (fancy Italian place)
5:45-6:15 - Surprise Hayley with a Horse and Carriage ride, a red rose, a poem I wrote and the
Ring!!!
6:20-6:45 - Taxi back to Millennium Park
6:45-7:45 - Walk around by outdoor skating pond and Christmas Market, bought ornament
7:45-8 - back to train and board train.
8-11:30 - Back to South Bend.

What a trip, what a night, what a thing to now look forward too. I thank God for His provision in this relationship and all that He has done to prepare us for each other. I may write more later and possibly add some pics from the day. I'M ENGAGED!!!!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

We're engaged!!! :)

Jonathan, Angela said...

Blessings to you both. What an amazing journey you will have together:)!

Anonymous said...

Stud.

Jonathan, Angela said...

I can't wait to see the hobbit children!!!! :) Frodo you da mack daddy yo :)!! Oh and nice move on a short engagement (I heard that from h____ Horton) Why wait????!!!! :)