Thursday, December 28, 2006

Surprise #3: The Ring

As we are sitting in the carriage, I told Hayley that I had something I wanted to read to her. She seemed a little confused like, why would I have something to read. I pulled a poem out of my pocket and read it to her. She was crying before I was done which is what I was hoping for. You know it was a success if she starts crying and she did even before I pulled out the ring. Good Stuff!!! After I finished reading the poem I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me and be my wife. Her response was, "Are you serious right now?" I laughed a little and told her I was and she said, "YES!!!!" I was an amazing moment in the Chicago streets. It was just me and her and seemed like everything just stopped. Definately something I will never forget. So there you have it. That's the story and I wouldn't change anything about. Now I look forward to planning life together with Hayley and I look forward to what God has in store for us.

No comments: