Monday, September 25, 2006

Back to the Roots

I'm not sure if I spent more time inside or outside of my car this past weekend. I was on the road a lot!!! Friday after the Innovative Church Conference at GCC, which was incredible, I packed up and headed to Mt. Pleasant for the night. On Saturday, Hayley and I left for the old home town of Pigeon. We were able to spend some time with Chad and Lisa Sturm and the newlyweds, Chad and Shari Craig. On Sunday I shared at Pigeon River about what is happening in Indiana at GCC and Bethel. It was fun see everyone again but it does feel a lot different now. After church we ate lunch with Chad and Lisa and then headed to Mt. Pleasant to pick up Hayley's vehicle. Then from there to Vermontville, MI to spend the night with Hayley's parents and pack up all of Hayley's belongings. Then this morning I got up early and drove another 2 hours back to Granger and now here I am. It was a lot of miles but it was worth it to see everyone.
Today is a pretty exciting day because Hayley is finally moving down here. She found an apartment in Mishawaka, which is only about 10 minutes from me, 5 minutes from the church and about 20 minutes to where she will be working. So I am excited and looking forward to spending more time with her and venturing into this journey together. God is Good!!!

1 comment:

Jack Magruder said...

You should log your miles. You can eventually pawn a Willie Nelson accent and start singing "On the Road Again!". :- ): Sure are glad to have you guys!!! Catch you soon! -samurai jack