Monday, April 30, 2007

Conquering the Summit

I write this post from a bunkbed on the campus of Back2Back Ministries in Monterrey, Mexico. Back2Back is a Missions organization that does a number of things you can read about here. I will be blogging more about this trip tomorrow.

This post is about what happened last weekend at Manowe. Myself and five others were trained and certified on Summit Adventure (the ropes course at Manowe). I had a blast. We spent Friday night, all day Saturday and most of the day on Sunday training and testing. I did things I had never done before like climb up a 30 foot telephone pole and stand on top of it...and then jump off. I also rode on the forever long zip line and walked across a wobbly pole at 32 feet in the air. So needless to say it was challenging and draining but it was a freakin blast!!! I met some new people and made some great friendships and I look forward to how God is going to use this for me in the future. So, I am certified and look forward to many more days on the Summit. Pics will be on soon.

No comments: